Thursday, June 11, 2009

Things You Never Expect..........

Some of those are wonderful and some, not so much! But, in this case it is wonderful.

I came home to piles of mail and magazines. Thankfully a couple of months of Smithsonian, National Geographic Traveler and Art & Antiques. I enjoy reading myself to sleep with those.

One of the unexpected things was that someone in Denver acted as a Good Samaritan and mailed my driver's license to me. Thank you to humankind.

But, tucked into the pile of stuff was a mail-pak envelope, small in size. Hmm, I thought, "What is that?" It turned out to be a treasure. so unexpected, it took my breath away.

In it was a note from my sister that said she had been going through the effects of my step-mother who had died several years ago and she found this photo album. She forwarded it to me along with some snapshots of my dad and other family photos that I had NEVER seen. The photo album was of Jennifer along with my step mother and my brother and his family one day about 11 years ago.

What a wonderful unexpected gift this was for me. It made me wonder how many other people have photos that I have never seen............. But for the moment, I'll savor these in happy and healthy times. In addition the photo of my dad with Jennifer was when she was about 4 years old and I have never had a photo of just the two of them.

It's amazing how a Random Act of Kindness can impact your life so much. Thanks Marilyn.......

4 comments:

Frankly Ronda said...

That is a lovely, wonderful gift.

Calypso said...

I really happy for your having received the wonderful surprise package,

You had me going there for a moment thinking it was going to be the mysterious CD package - but this is better at that.

Islagringo said...

What a lovely thing for somebody to do. Passing it forward.

Babs said...

Oh gosh, Calypso if the CD package ever shows up you'll be the first to know......and if it ever was going to be it will be after the guy who is making more Cd's gives them to me next week - ha.
Yes, American Mommy and Islagringo, it IS a lovely thing.....