Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday Market

I haven't written or been to the Tuesday Tianguis since last October when I was looking for "cold weather gear" for my winter trip to Colorado in December. Today I went for an entirely different reason.

Remember those "tight" jeans I wrote about in March when I had lost 32 pounds. Well, they are now baggy jeans. Yup, now it's 42 pounds! They say in Texas that if what you say is true then it's not bragging - so I'm NOT bragging, I'm just telling the truth.

I went in search of white jeans or some lightweight pants since I'm heading to the "water" and a few other places. Ha, this is what I came home with - three swimsuits, two of which look good. AND four shirts, one a beautiful cornflower blue color. NO pants. Guess I'm going to have to get those in Texas where I can try them on. Total spent about $23 US.....such a deal. Great brands too.

All this was accomplished in about an hour! I did stop and look at birds, bunnies, and a few other assorted animals. I should take photos, but it never occurs to me til I get back home. I promise I'll do it soon - well, when I get back here in June.

I sure was happy I wasn't buying anything for COLD weather - like coats and mittens and hats. All of which I left in Colorado!

6 comments:

Islagringo said...

If you go traveling about with no pants, I am going to have to put a sneak picture of you on my blog too!

Michael Dickson said...

You bought three swimsuits, and two look good. Why would you buy one that looks bad? Women are hard to fathom at times.

Babs said...

Oh Wayne, I didn't catch that - how funny. And Sr. Felipe, you're out in a field with tables of clothes, no way to try on a suit there - so you buy it in hopes it will look great - two, ok - one, not so much........

Paul said...

Wow. I´m guessing your ankles look "finely turned" indeed. I´m proud of you, Babs.

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Be careful about taking photos...remember when the old guy put a hex on mine at the Tuesday Market? Yikes! Glad you had a successful mission to the mercado...will we even recognize you?

Babs said...

Oh yes, Kay, I do remember. Of course you'll recognize me - the one with the big mouth! Ha....