Wednesday, August 20, 2008

An "Expanding" Personality

For those of you who read this blog, you know that a cat adopted me last year! She was a feral cat who would come through the garden but ignore me........for two years. Then she had babies which I found homes for and so I took her and had her fixed and VOILA she became a lap cat. She now follows me wherever I go...........hence her name, VELCRO.



I mean that last sentence literally. On Tuesday when I came back from Celaya from Walmart, Home Depot and Costco, I had a bit of stuff to bring in the house. She would follow me to the car and then follow me into the house with each load..........pretty darn funny, I think.



The "drinking out of the sink in the morning" routine has gotten more elaborate. She hears me turn on the water to brush my teeth in the morning and she jumps up on the counter and sits patiently til I put the plug in the sink and fill the bowl a little for her. The CAT has taken over my life.



Her latest "trick" is when she wants to go out in the middle of the night at about 4:30(I have no cat box) she jumps up on the table next to the bed, walks across the bookshelf above my head bumping into photos that are there and that little sound awakens me. I get up, let her out and then she wants to come back in when she hears me (somehow) get up in the morning.



It is amazing how this little ball of orange fur has taken over. She is darn smart. I've always been a dog person, but somehow Velcro is working her way into my heart!

1 comment:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

What is it about cats that they are able to weezle their way into our heart. Slick is just a lazy, fat bum, sweet but lazy. Peanut, the orange cat, takes his role as official greeter seriously. He runs to the front door if the doorbell rings and waits at the back door on top of the dryer when he hears a car in the driveway. But most annoying he is like have a 2 yr old when I'm on the phone...he's right in my face. My neighbor's orange cat comes and sits and meows at her whenever she sits and talks with anyone. Must be an orange cat thing.