Friday, February 22, 2008

"THE" Debate

Watched the "debate" last night on CNN in AUSTIN, Tx. Boy those Texans were rowdy - yee ha! I was on a debate team in high school and unless the rules have changed significantly, that was NOT a debate! It was just each person saying their stuff that they've been saying BUT I must confess, I was darn impressed with Obama - yes, yes I know I've already voted for Hillary in the primary in Texas but heck, a girl can change her mind, can't she?
Want to know what I was impressed with? I was impressed with the fact that he couldn't be "baited" by Hillary with the silly comments about his plagiarism and that he is open enough to talk to Cuba without "an agenda" and preconditions. To me that said a LOT! A LOT!
I'm emboldened to discuss this on the blog now because no one cuzzed me out with my blog on Hillary. THAT was refreshing, to say the least! THANKS for all of your comments. Any more?

2 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Neither candidate is my cup of tea. However, I must admit that this plagiarism issue is getting out of hand. I was not offended when Joe Biden lifted Neil Kinnock's speech (and biography). And this spat is way down the scale from that. We are not talking Doris Kearns Goodwin here. I will admit that I am one of those people who has been appalled at the high number of students who believe that copying term papers is OK. But what Obama did was to use a friend's turm of phrase -- with the friend's permission. The only danger is simply sounded unoriginal. Fortunately, the two of them have some other issues on which they can (and do) differ.

Gypsy Girl said...

I didn't get a chance to see the debate, but caught parts of it on the net. I am impressed with Obama too!! and I am not even a democrat. nor republican for that matter....even if I was republican, I wouldn't admit it now after 8 years of Bush in there.