Thursday, May 17, 2007

Green, green, green

Wow! I had forgotten how GREEN Texas is in the spring - well, almost all year actually in comparison to the desert! So beautiful.........I'm in Houston now visiting multitudes of friends and family and hugging grandkids.........life is good! The drive up was uneventful except for a wreck that took 45 minutes to pass and it was an overturned "chicken" truck. There were feathers and "pollo frito" everywhere. What a mess.............
Once I entered Texas though there were wildflowers everywhere in yellows and lavendar wildgrass. Quite beautiful. Aaah and the smell of freshly mown grass as they trimmed the medians brought back wonderful childhood memories. I LOVE to drive, can you tell? Well, I LOVE to drive on the highways, not in town. Once I hit the outskirts of Houston it was like a test of how strong your heart is..........5 or 6 lanes all going at breakneck speed. I'm glad to be here, alive.

No comments: