Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Lest You Worry - Musings from San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

My post yesterday was a bit curmudgeonly. Wow, that IS a word.  No line from the spelling guru that it is not!

So, I thought that you might wonder and be concerned about the surroundings that I am destined to stay in til this gas shortage has been resolved!

I sit among these flowers and gardens in either the chair at the little round table where I frequently eat my lunch in the warm sunshine...........  



Or I sit in these comfortable chairs with cushions and arm rests, again in the sunshine to read.  In addition, there are two comfortable chaises at the opposite end of this long covered porch.

While reading I watch the groups of white, yellow and monarch colored butterflies flitting among the various flowers.  I've noticed that butterflies do not fly in a straight line.  In fact they sometimes look like they have no idea where they are going!

The hummingbirds come, literally within two feet of me sometimes.  The sound that they make can be heard long before they arrive.  Usually there are six or seven zipping around as well.
Then there are the doves, who coo and carry on along with some brilliantly bright yellow birds that I have not been able to identify.  Exquisitely colorful.  One of the doves, anytime I play classical music in the living room with the door open, goes over, plops down and sits as if at a concert.  It has sat there for almost a half hour from time to time.  Do you suppose in a previous life, he or she was a musician or conductor or what?
The sound of the breeze through the bamboo leaves coupled with the wind chime hanging there, caps off the serene and soulful ambiance of this lovely place that I have to immerse myself on these days of staying home.  Not bad............not bad at all!

12 comments:

Barbara Lane said...

Isn't this just the best life?!

Viva!

Babs said...

Indeed! We are so blessed!

Retired Teacher said...

Alejandro said that the gas station near his house was open and with only 3 or 4 cars, so maybe you will not be housebound for much longer.

Babs said...

GREAT news. Thanks to Alejandro for the report! I figure if I am just patient, hopefully sooner or later, preferably sooner, I will be able to get around again.

Thanks so much for this good news.

Contessa said...

Colin has a hummingbird that sits close to him everyday day as he plays his classical guitar, Often some of the other birds hang around as well.

Such a lovely garden.

Babs said...

Oh, Contessa, I love to hear about Colin's hummingbird. I find it so
intriguing.
Yes, I'm loving the garden. I spent so much time creating a nature
sanctuary at the other house that I know I'll not have that again,
but this is delightful as well.
As soon as the threat of freezes are over, I'll plant more flowers
in the empty flower beds at the other end of the property. Roses,
butterfly lilies, agapanthus.....oh it will be a sight to see!

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

With a garden like that, being stuck at home is not a bad thing. Enjoy your peaceful patch of paradise.

Babs said...

Hi Peter! i was thinking about ya'll this morning and wondering how you are! Are you ever coming back to Mexico? Hope all is well up there - you can tell by the blogposts what is going on here...........And you are so right, beingstuck at home is not a bad thing at all! Take care to you and Shelagh

Dee Tillotson said...

Babs, so glad you are doing fine. If it is any comfort, from what I am reading and hearing, your situation of gas distribution is regional in nature, not national. As long as you have some food staples in the pantry, you will be fine. Your venting in your last blog is just natural; helps reduce the blood pressure. Ha!! I have great compassion for the businesses and people who have to go to work to feed their families. You have many friends to communicate with in an emergency. Take care.

Babs said...

Dee, the pantry is full; plenty of books to read. However, I do wonder from time to time what is going on out on the streets of San Miguel. There is a bit of nostalgia for interaction with friends........

It appears the fuel shortage is about to come to an end. It has been two weeks.
Hope to get gas today or tomorrow.

Thanks for taking time to write.

Steve Cotton said...

Ironically, I wrote about treasured clothes yesterday, as well. Great minds, they say.

Babs said...

I'll have to go back and read it! Thanks......Ahh, yes, great....or weird
minds think alike. Ha.