Monday, December 16, 2013

Releasing the "Inner Child"


It started on Saturday with Trey and Bill wearing headbands to our Christmas Pizza party
at Pizza Pig, one of our favorite restaurants.

Here's a newbie to the group enjoying hiding her identity, ha.

AND, it continued at the Monday Morning Koffee Klatch group.  The
"inner child""was dancing all over at our coffee fest. 

The most delightful part of it all was the people who walked by continuously.
I watched.  They would  cross the street looking solemn.  Then they would see us and
a small smile would appear.  They would have a grin by the time they passed.

Some people stopped to say Feliz Navidad or other delightful comments.  We were
enjoying every minute.

The piece de resistance was when Francisco, the waiter, came out with his IPhone and wanted to take a photo of our group to post on his Facebook page!  The two waiters who wait on us every Monday enjoy when we come.  We bring birthday cakes or funny glasses or something.  Laughter ensues from us and them..

One of our group Suzie, has the most amazing Christmas outfits.  It even includes her glasses!
How fun.

Letting your "inner child" out is good for your soul.  At least that's what my friend Kay Cox told me eons of years ago when she was conducting workshops in Bali to help people to release their "inner child". Kay is a renown art therapist.  She told me I didn't need to go.  My "inner child" was totally released.  I took that as a compliment.  Wouldn't you?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an old friend who used to be fond of saying (in our youth), Now that you're an adult, you don't have to act like one.

I've always thought that was good advice.

¡Carpe Diem! And carry on with your fabulous life!

Saludos,

Kim G
Boston, MA
Where we are in need of some silliness right about now.

Babs said...

~Kim, if you need some silliness, come to San Miguel. I have an extra headband, mask, costume or whatever for you to have to be silly with me!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun!

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

I could use a dose of SM now. My "inner child" is saying,"Go south, go south." Can't believe you remember my telling you that years ago. Geez, I am famous...I've been quoted. Love you and miss you and SM.

Babs said...

Come on down anytime! I do have a sleeper sofa that is available for only long time friends.
I have a mind like a steel trap - I never forget important things. However yesterday while baking I lost the recipe card, then my glasses. Oy vey, panic was everywhere!
Our fall, which is now, and soon will be winter has been incredibly wonderful. Low 80's during the day and 40's at night. Lovely. I'm grateful

Steve Cotton said...

My child has never seen the inner side of anything. I told someone the other day that I was proud of being a 12-year old. Her response: "12? You haven't made it to 8, yet." I don't think she meant it as a compliment.

Babs said...

Steve, I DO!