Dear Santa: I've been a good, oops, scratch that, a happy girl this year. I've been kind, most of the time. I've tried to help others, most of the time. I hope you can find something on this list that you can bring to me. I'll leave the light on. Don't try to come down the fireplace. It is WAAAAY too narrow. Only coatamundis fit down that fireplace. (There was a blog about that). I'd leave the door unlocked, but my friend Jennifer in Morelia says NOT to do that. So knock, say who you are, shove a package under the gate and THEN I'll let you in.
Here it is:
1. Peace on Earth. Good will to men. (Kinda hard to wrap)
2. A little travel trailer, silver, tricked out with a stove AND oven along with a shower.
Heck, if I'm going to ask why not ask BIG?
3.A man to travel with who is as much a gypsy as I and who is fearless when it comes to overlooking canyons or Federales.
4. Enough gasoline to be able to travel for at least three years.
5. A pair of red cowboy boots. I gave mine away thirteen years ago and have regretted it every day since then. You know Santa, you can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl.
6. A NEW camera. The one I have takes double photos as you can see above. Actually, I love this photo because I didn't even realize the camera was catching the reflection of the street and decorations but I really need a new one. They are $ 128 at B&H.
7. Some better luggage. The one big suitcase I have now, Santa, is missing the thingys that you open the compartments with. I now have ribbon tied through each one to open each compartment. Not a good look. Besides, its a pain in the.........
That's it, Santa. I guess if I can only have one or two of those, could it be the Peace thing and maybe the red cowboy boots? If not, I understand.
By the way Santa, I'll still have cookies and milk for you along with some really bad looking pralines.
Oh and food for the reindeers too.
See you soon.
That photograph is museum quality.
Try sending it to a few magazines.
(Well, maybe next year before they put their Christmas Issue together.)
Really Christine? I just thought it was a mistake that I like.....
You're supposed to leave Santa a Coke. And he could probably use some good bourbon to go along with it.
Well, he wouldn't get very far with coke and bourbon would he? I was raised to leave cookies and milk or cookies and Hot chocolate. Somehow I think those were my parents favorite things.....ha
You just need to sit on Santa's lap for a few minutes and share that Coke, perhaps with a little rum mixed in.....
Tancho, you ARE a very wise man! I'll try that if I get a chance...ha
Canyons? I seem to remember driving you around Victoria in the mountains where you were white knuckled telling me, "I don't do mountains." and I'm thinking "Now she tells me." Of course, the bano problem didn't help.
Oh Kay, you are so right - Remember those hair pin turns on our way to Ciudad Victoria and eventually home?
No shoulder to stop and when we did smoke was coming out from under the van from riding the brakes for so long? Funny now - not so much then especially since I needed a bathroom for about 45 minutes of that hair raising drive. Also, now I remember that a bus had just gone over a cliff right before we got there and people were looking down into the canyon........yikes, it makes my stomach flip even now, 14 years later!
Merry Christmas - and may all your wishes come true (especially that peace thing one) ;-)
Perfect list !
Thanks Calypso and Laurie C. I hope you get everything on your lists, especially peace and good will.
Hi again Babs,
Your Xmas list sounds just like mine! :-) When you mentioned the small silver travel trailer it reminded me of the one that Misty Toth on http://sweettooth.typepad.com/ used to keep in Mexico. Do you follow her also as there is a comment that looks like it might belong to you. :-)
I think that I'm a bit jealous of all the adventures that she has had and that's why I want to "get on the road again and moving." Sharon (still in Boston, which is experiencing SMA - like weather.)
Yes, Sharon, Misty or Big Sweet Tooth is on my blogroll. I do follow her and was envious when she was outfitting the trailer. Even more envious now that she has a houseboat and sailboat on the beach in California. Beautiful....
Post a Comment