Monday, March 19, 2012

Newest Addition to the Family!

 I admired her at a friend's house many years ago.  She is SO outrageous.  My kinda art.
She said I said at the time, "If you ever decide to get rid of her, I would love to have her".  Goodness that was about seven years ago.  I had completely forgotten.

Lo and behold, my friend Susan is leaving San Miguel and moving to Santa Barbara California.  Note to Santa Barbara - Hold onto your hats cause Susan is a barrel of fun.

At lunch last week she said she had the woman for me at her house and I had to come and get her.  To be honest, I didn't even remember what she looked like.  I picked her up yesterday and fell in love again.
Her head is an old VW hubcap - her body is wood - her legs are chair legs.  She is a totally recycled woman with beads for her hair and jewels on her wings.  THANK YOU Susan.

She needs a name - have any ideas?  She is now hanging in the dining room.  And she makes me giggle every time I walk by her.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Calypso said...

wow she looks like she just got off the bus from Mardi Gras - will have to give some thought to an appropriate name for that mujer!

Babs said...

You're so right Calypso - I didn't even see that! Thanks......do think of a name......

Steve Cotton said...

If she is not Shawnalee, then I have no idea who she is. I have long loved that name. And that sculpture is her very image. Unique. And beautiful.

Calypso said...

Jezabel came to me - it is a lovely name that has perhaps been tarnished;but rather provocatively. We have a friend here in Puerto with that name - it suits her and your lovely lady. ;-)

Babs said...

Jezabel - I love it too!

Calypso said...

actually spelled Jezebel (I think) It seems to fit and really is a lovely name.

"Jezebel in some interpretations, her dressing in finery and putting on makeup before her death led to the association of use of cosmetics with "painted women" or prostitutes."

Your girl is certainly a painted woman ;-)

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

I am so jealous. She is my kinda gal and I'm sure when I met her, she told me her name was Henrietta Couser. But then I could have her mixed up with Katrina Osgood. Lucky you!

Michael Dickson said...

That's my type of thing too. When you move back to Texas, I'll take it. Thanks in advance.