Sunday, February 07, 2010

"Who dat?" THE SAINTS!

Having grown up in Louisiana from the age of 10, there is a bit of the zany in me. Ha, that's an understatement!

Imagine my delight to hear this story from fellow friends from Louisiana. It seems that a sportscaster in Nawlins years ago said that if the Saints EVER got to the Super Bowl that he would walk through the French Quarter in a dress. Well, he died before it happened. His successor took up the challenge and said he would fulfill the pledge.

Six days ago 5000 men walked through the Quarter in dresses. It's hysterical. Here is the video. IF this doesn't make you smile, nothing will!

http://www.vimeo.com/9131842 Boy, I'm proud to say I'm from Louisiana.


GO SAINTS!

6 comments:

Leslie Harris said...

Babs, I love hearing stories like this one. And I love the Saints! :D

Rick said...

Laissez le bon temps rouler - congratulations -
It will be quite a mardigras later this month!

navcad said...

Thanks for the alert to this video.I went to college close to New Orleans and still have a soft spot in my heart and head for that area. Great food, good times and fun people. Let those saints keep marching in.

Michael Dickson said...

I spent 18 years in New Orleans, and consider it more home than anywhere. It´s full of nutty people.

sparks_mex said...

And they actually won it .... tho I had to watch in Espanol

Unknown said...

Buddy D is dancing in heaven - in a dress just like he promised.