Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Last Chapter

I've been gone from San Miguel since the 21st of April - a lifetime ago. As you know I've stayed with friends and family all over BUT there is one more stop to make. Kingwood Texas where four of the six grandkids live.

School is about to get out and so that means "awards" days and I want to be there to see what is happening. I'll be up there for several days just hanging out with the family.........floating in the pool with the kids and sleeping in the same room with Hannah and Emma. It WILL be great fun and I can hardly wait til manana.

Eventually, probably next Friday or Saturday I'll head home to San Miguel. Well, maybe I'll wait til Monday or Tuesday.........see, I'm having such a good time that I don't want to leave.

Even the weather has cooperated and the humidity has not been oppressive, yet.

This has been a fun trip...........Geez, I love being retired. I highly recommend it to all those people who say they don't know what they would do if they were retired. My answer, ENJOY LIFE.

3 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Enjoy life! I doubt there can be any better advice. Even poor Professor Jiggs understands that.

1st Mate said...

Babs - I hope Texas is also climatically pleasant when you get there. Anyway, nothing like bobbing around in the pool. Don't forget your sunscreen! What a wonderful trip you've been on.

Babs said...

Steve, I've never enjoyed life more...well maybe in my 40's. And First Mate, I AM in Texas and for some reason the heat hasn't bothered me. It's been in the high 80's.