Thursday, November 20, 2008

Did you hear it?

IT just happened. I'm sitting here checking all your blogs and the cat, Velcro, meows to come in...without paying attention I open the door, hold open the screen and look down and the biggest, ugliest lizard comes racing in (not exaggerating at least a foot long).............I screamed so loud, I scared myself. Crap, now where is it?

I lifted the cloth covering the computer table, nope; I lifted the dust ruffle on the bed, nada; and yet, I know it's here somewhere. Crap, and there is someone coming to stay in this house while I'm gone...........do I forewarn her, or just let her discover "it". I wonder how loud she can scream?

Velcro just meowed behind me to go back out and I told her, "YOU find that gosh darn lizard!"

Do you think that lizard might climb on the bed tonight? Oh lord, the worst kind of "lounge lizard"...............Oy vey.

8 comments:

vandy said...

Maybe it's a "sign."

Anonymous said...

at least lizards don't bite. it's probably more scared of you than you are of it. as cold as it is though, hmmm, maybe it will want some company tonight ;-)

teresa

CancunCanuck said...

Lizards don't last long in the land of cats, kitty should get rid of it soon. Hopefully without any carnage. :)

Islagringo said...

Canuck is right. My patio is full of lizard heads. Let's hope Velcro doesn't pounce on it while you are trying to sleep.

Paul said...

Time to accelerate your search for companionship. You need some protection in your life.

Although not all men are good with lizards. I know I am not.

I just hope he doesn't sneak into your suitcase and take a trip to the U.S. for the holidays.

Anonymous said...

Lay low, and take advantage of it's presence while there. It's likely harmless, and will consume small insects and spiders.

If there's no water available, it'll probably try to find a way out. Of course the cat may catch it first.

When small geckos and lizards occasionally get into our house NOB, I just leave them alone. Never been a problem.

BJ

Michael Dickson said...

Did you really say gosh darn? Was that really the phrase?

Babs said...

Gosh darn it Vandy - it probably IS a "sign". Velcro could care less and never even looked for "it" again. It's probably living in the same place as the baby mouse which was brought in many months ago. It's a veritable "zoo" around here.....NO loung lizards accepted though.....