Saturday, June 14, 2008

The LAST three!

I promise, these are the last three photos I'll post from the Chiapas trip but these three were sorta special. This first one just cracked me up when I saw the photo. To be honest, I don't even remember taking it but I must have subconciously laughed cause the look on Senora's face is priceless. Wouldn't you love to know what she was thinking? Like, "Is he really going to sweep?" or "Where does he think he is going with MY broom?" or YOU fill in the caption! This was Victor our guide and the Senior Senora! This next photo was taken in the gardens of Na Balom. You can't tell it from this photo but the gardens covered at least two blocks and were just like being in the jungle, without the animals. I saw flowers, such as the one with the little flowers, that I have never seen before..........and I'm an avid gardener! If you click on the photo you can see that they have taken clay pots and turned them upside down to make light fixtures!
This last photo sums up Mexico in so many ways for me. This bench was in a teeny, tiny village named Teatepec (I think). I mean a teeny, tiny village and yet their jardine was an oasis. I've only seen tiled benches like this in one other place in Mexico (I'm sure there are zillions) and that was in Actepec in the State of Puebla. To me the benches symbolize that everyone should take a minute to pause, sit and SEE the world around. To breathe deep and smell the flowers To see the birds and nature.............

I DID that as I leapt out of Victor's car to take this picture and then I turned around, sat down and watched the locals stare at me like I was crazy..............Ain't life grand?


3 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Babs -- You are correct. Picture #1 is a story in itself. Good shot. I find the accidental ones are usual the best.

Babs said...

I do too Steve and it is a small reason why I still love film. It's always a thrill to go through the stack of photos and be surprised weeks or days after I've taken them! BUT I am ready for a digital.....I give up and give in.

Islagringo said...

About the pics after enlarging...

1. I don't think she is looking at the broom. Following that gaze leads you someplace entirely different!

2. The pots. What a great idea.

3. I have seen and sat on decoratively tiled benches in both Yalapa in Veracruz and in Puebla, the city. Not that common but things of great beauty and interest when discovered.

Now I now why all of your pictures have a "taken in 1970" feel about them. I bet you are scanning them all. Time to get digital. You will be so glad you did. (get a good optical zoom!!!)