Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tuesday's Child is Full of Grace

As I was driving to the hospital yesterday afternoon to welcome Matilda to this world, that poem that my mother used to recite popped into my head! I remember Tuesday, because I was born on Tuesday - trust me I might have grace, but I've never been graceful........
Baby Matilda made her arrival in a content, tranquil way and has remained very quiet. She is nursing and comfortable as are Mom and Dad in Celaya at the hospital. No specific measurements were given before I left there last night to drive home but we "guesstimate" she's abut 6 1/2 pounds and at least 21 inches. Lots of dark hair and rosebud colored skin. Just beautiful. Pictures to follow, of course.
The Drs. and nurses were all wonderful and Lisa and John wanted the baby to only have organic clothing and organic lotions, etc. and the staff was very gracious about all of these different ways of doing the usual routine things. I was impressed.
It's wonderful to share joyful news with all of you!

7 comments:

Gypsy Girl said...

Congratulations Grammy!!! Aren't they just a wonderful miracle!!

Babs said...

Yes Gypsy Girl, it never ceases to amaze me that two humans can create another human being! It's surreal and beautiful....

Brenda Maas said...

Congratulations.

Cynthia said...

So happy to hear your little one decided to make her appearance. Congrats!

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Well, halleujah! At last! Congratulations to all. So glad all is well. You are going to have such fun!

Steve Cotton said...

Let me add my congratulations, as well. New life is always something for all of to celebrate.

Babs said...

Thanks everyone! A funny thing happened as I walked to down the hill to town today! I was stopped over and over, by people I know and some I don't, who wanted to hear all about the baby! It warmed my heart that I can live somewhere where everyone revels in other people's happiness and that it is small enough for this to happen! What a great community - by the way, these were both Mexicans and ex-pats.