Saturday, January 05, 2008

Inspiration

Oaxaca and its amazing contemporary Mexican art really inspired me! The colors, the subject matter and the imagery were masterful. I'm ACTUALLY thinking of pulling out all my art supplies that have been stored for 7 years and getting back into creating! BUT before I start on the art- hmmmmm, that rhymes, I saw this door at a friends "wild house" and WoW, it really inspired me. I have only two white things in my house and they are doors. I have disliked them intensely (hated them) for all the time I have lived here and I've been in a quandry of what to do to them..........(white is NOT me) and now I know. Stay tuned for the wacky door project. I KNEW I would think of a use for all those old Mexican bottle caps and old jewelry and stuff..............
Click on the door to see it up close - it's wonderful, as is my friend's entire house. Every surface is covered with something.............

1 comment:

Gypsy Girl said...

Wow!! How lovely and creative is that!! I love birhgt colors and crazy things, but unfortunately my husband is the white, beige, boring type...I try adding little color bits and pieces when he is not looking.
My trip to SMA has been delay till March so you have plenty of time to create a wacky door!! Maybe I'll get to see it.