Saturday, September 01, 2007

Billieblog

I met Billie about 5 years ago, I think. It is a friendship that has slowly evolved. I love her "matter-of-factness" and "down to earthness" in this day and time. Because of HER blog, I decided I wanted to do that too. Her blog is www.billiemercer.blogspot.com You'll enjoy it!
We're both from Houston but didn't know each other there - although we HAVE discovered over time that we have mutual friends! Her husband Ned is "a dear"!
Billie is more then an accomplished photographer - she is also a passionate and knowledgeable one. A website www.pbase.com/billie_mercer/xilitla shows photos that she took at Edward James surreal sculpture gardens, Las Pozas. I've seen LOTS of photos of this place, even the ones in Smithsonian magazine a zillion years ago, but hers really, really capture the surrealness (is that a word?) of this magnificent place. Her understanding of light staggers me.......
I could go on and on about her talent and her awards, but suffice to say Billie is one of those "real" people in this town that you feel honored to know.

No comments: