Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wanda June

This woman single-handedly got me involved in more things then I could EVER have imagined. I met her in 1968 and the friendship was almost instantaneous! The next thing I knew I was Girl Scout cookie chairman for her troop. Then it was Girl Scout leader, PTO carnival worker, library reader, room mother and the list goes on and on. Wanda and I have known each other for 39 years. Years of tears and joy. Years of raising children and now enjoying grandchildren. We made Christmas lists together for years and bemoaned when we didn't have enough money for all we wanted to buy and now we can sit at lunch for three hours and laugh til we have tears in our eyes at all of our shenanigans and the people who have passed in and out of our lives. I treasure Wanda's friendship and knowing her entire family. These friendships are the glue of our lives.

No comments: