Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

You'll see many of these sayings in the weeks to come. My friend Kay gave me a mason jar full of goodies for my birthday and in it were many sayings. The other one I LOVE is, "No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap". Don't you just love that? I do cause I LOVE naps.
Anyway, while in Texas for a month it was hard to act normal when I wanted to "stomp on people" (not actually) who made inane comments on illegal immigrants when they had NO idea what they were talking about. Instead I kept my mouth shut, well most of the time, and talked to the man from Guatemala at the zoo with his children about his beautiful country that I so love and to the nanny from Celaya who was thrilled that I knew where that was and many others. I won't go into the whole thing but, suffice to say, I certainly see a totally different side then the media and politicians portray. In my whole life it seems I always see things from a different perspective and it would be so much easier to just "go with the flow" - instead I find myself always standing up for the underdog. Maybe it comes from my mother and father - my mother worked in the Civil Rights Movement in the 50's in Louisiana and it was a dicey time. I learned to NOT be intimidated by being different.
It's interesting when I sit down to write on this blog I usually have no idea what I'm going to say and this alter ego comes out and does this.....I'm constantly amazed.

No comments: