Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Another Season...........of my life!

I think I'm entering the "retired" season of my life. Yes, I know I've been here for five years and start my sixth year in a couple of weeks, but I held on to the fact that I might have to go back to work or might want to go back to work designing hotels or restaurants or some "perfect" project. Well, I think that is over! I did NOT renew my design license this year which means I can't draw and stamp interior and architectural plans and that I cannot represent myself as an interior designer in the state of Texas and/or most other states. A BIG step. Today I threw out all the original forms we used in the business for implementation such as purchase ordrs, finish schedule forms, etc.etc.etc. So, that's it! I'm now officially retired, at least from the design world, I guess. Weird feeling. It WAS my life and identity for 20 years and so now I'll need to find another creative outlet, maybe.

3 comments:

Billie Mercer said...

Don't you feel liberated?

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

OMG! You did it! Hallelujah! Indeed, another season. It felt so good to give away all those therapy books. Now onto the new adventures!

Babs said...

Ironically, even though I don't want to "work" again, it is a little scary to know that what money I have is ALL I have! YIKES!