Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Sure Sign of Fall


 This tree is, of all places, in front of the Telmex office.  It is a golden raintree.  A type of tree that is prolific in Houston, Texas.  It has always been one of my favorites.  As far as I can determine, this is the only one in San Miguel!  They always bloom just about the time it is ready for fall.  I used to use the blooms, which contain seeds, in floral arrangements back in my time in Texas.  I'm always happy to see this one in bloom.

  Last week I stopped to take this photo as I left the Telmex office after trying to resolve the issue of the internet service that I never got through Telmex but was billed for anyway.  I think it has been resolved.  I'll know when I get the bill next month.  This issue has been going on since August 9th!


On a happier note, as I worked in the garden yesterday both in the main garden and the downstairs patio along with the roof terrace, it was apparent that fall IS in the air.  I noticed some plants getting ready to bloom that only bloom in the fall.  In addition, leaves turning and a slight chilly breeze.  I was working in a sweatshirt!

Later in the afternoon with book in hand, I and Velcro headed to the roof for some r&r.  She stretched out on the chaise for a nap.  Me in a comfy chair with a new book.

Just a few minutes after we settled down, Spanish guitar music from nearby played softly.  So, so lovely.  The sun had warmed up the breezes.  I looked out at the mountains, listened to the music and exhaled.  I realized that this was as close to paradise as I could possibly imagine.

It's those moments that I'm so glad that I recognize how blessed that I am.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

You are a saint for working on the internet issue. And I thank you for all of your hard work.

Rick said...

Nice that you are so aware of how great your life is and enjoy it so much. For some reason that is rare NOB.

Rick

Babs said...

Steve, a saint I'm not - patient I am. We'll see if I get the credit for the overcharge. I sat for 45 minutes to talk to the manager. Mexico has definitely taught me many, many lessons. Being patient is the biggest one!

Babs said...

Rick, I don't think when I was NOB that I took the time to appreciate things like I do now.
I love that material things are pretty much irrelevant and that I live on so much less then I ever could have imagined possible and be so happy~.

Carlos Ponce-Meléndez said...

You are such positive person. When I read your blog, I always leave a little happier.

Babs said...

What a lovely thing to say! You've made my day Carlos. Gracias

Benne' Rockett said...

What a peaceful day you described! I've never seen one of those trees here or in Texas. It is really beautiful I think the only thing I really miss about Austin is a change in season. It is a little chilly here in Merida this morning! I love it! Thanks for the post!

Shannon said...

I don't know if it's living here or simply having more free time than in the past, but I know exactly what you mean. I often stop and reflect on how lucky I am and revel in those special moments.

Babs said...

Well Benne' we definitely get a change of season here! I was in grey flannel slacks today, a jacket and regular shoes rather then sandals. But, then by mid-afternoon its in high 70's!

Babs said...

Shannon, it is amazing how wonderful it is to live here, isn't it?