Sunday, August 07, 2011

IF you want to change your life!

 



Change your hair color! Ha. I'm doing just that. Going back to what it used to be almost all of my life. It is even more auburn then this photo now and I feel like my old frisky self.

Add to that that I'm on a diet........not the "cough drop" diet when I lost 35 pounds in three weeks from whooping cough a couple of years ago, but a healthy diet. A new way to eat actually. Have dropped over 20 pounds since the 11th of July and I'm just happier then a "pig in the sunshine".

Whoo ee. Watch out world, the old Babs is back! I'm off to Texas in a couple of weeks to snuggle with grandkids, see family, hug friends, sail and walk the beach in Galveston. I know. I know. It's hotter then.........but I NEED to get to the water!

Soooooo, that's about it from South of the Border! Happy Days.
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Yay...the diva returns. Waaahooo! Or should I say the "new and improved diva" not that I ever thought you needed improving.

Anonymous said...

Babs: You're a piece of work. Looking good.

Babs said...

You're so sweet Kay. I have a gift for you when I get up there - can't wait for you to see what it is~ I think you'll LOVE it - You of all people know this diva well. Ha.

Felipe - yeah, I've been told that in more then once in my life - sometimes in a flattering tone and others, not so much! Ha.

Life's a Beach! said...

You go girl! Unfortunately, I fell off that healthy diet wagon and rolled down a hill into a ditch filled with fudge, but recently I did switch it up with the hair color. It makes a world of difference! Lookin' good!

vandy said...

You color your hair? I had no idea!
Your room is ready. The beach is warm.
Sue and Vandy

Leslie Harris said...

Now that's a philosophy I can get behind!!! I always feel much better after I've colored my hair. :)

Looking good!!! :)

Irene said...

Enhanced hair color, improved body, I think maybe a tattoo should be next.

Babs said...

Oh Beck, "a ditch filled with fudge" just about sent me off into peals of laughter. What a visual!

Isn't it interesting how hair color changes our modus operandi?

Irene, I'm not into pain, but I have been known to use those peel on tatoos for the fun of it in strategic locations.

Gaby said...

Hola! Just a newbie 'lurker' here from the Pacific NW. Planning my pending retirement move somewhere in Mexico. But I HAVE to ask about that diet. TWENTY lbs since mid July? What the heck IS it you get to eat: water? I've been on high protein for 2 weeks, plus daily 1hr workouts, and still only lost less than 10 lbs. Though I FEEL like I should be invisible by now! Gaby

Gaby said...

What's the diet?

Gaby said...

What does the diet consist of? And are you also getting any exercise? 20 lbs in 4 weeks is a lot! Gaby

Babs said...

Gaby, it's South Beach.

Mic said...

Love the color, Barb! I had that once when I decided to match a Golden Retriever I was training as an Assistance Dog. I have found people have entirely different reactions to different hair colors. Light Auburn was a fun one :-)

Babs said...

Mic, that is funny. But, actually if you look at the photo of Velcro today on the blog, I'm close in color to Velcro - hopefully not that orange though............

Calypso said...

NICE!