Monday, February 08, 2010

Strolling on Sunday

 

 

 

 


LOTS going on in San Miguel on sunny Sunday. I was up and out by 10AM so I could partake of as much as possible. My destination was Candelaria in Juarez Park and the Art and Crafts Fair at the Instituto Allende. I wasn't disappointed in any of that along with a few other stops.

Heading down the hill that early was interesting. No one else heading up the hill as usual. Since the sidewalks are not even wide enough, in some places, for one person it was an easy stroll. Arriving at the jardin, which I always try to head through, much to my delight and surprise, a large contingent of local citizens were exercising and dancing. I know there is a name for it, I think Zumba or something, but it was fun to stop for a minute and watch all the laughter and fun. NEVER a dull moment in centro.

Candelaria is the annual Flower show held in the park with vendors from all over Mexico bringing their most beautiful flowers, plants, bromeliads, orchids, cacti, pots. You name it - it was there. It is such a beautiful setting. Kids are there with wheelbarrows and will follow behind you as you pick up this and that to purchase. Before you know it, you have a full wheelbarrow! Not yesterday for me. I went in search of a certain flower pot that I needed one of and I enjoyed, but didn't linger at the various booths. I knew that if I did, I would weaken. No flower pot like I wanted and for the first time in nine years, I didn't buy one thing. Whew, that was difficult.

Brunch was at Sappo's which is a delightful courtyard restaurant located between the flower show and the arts and crafts fair. I stopped in and midway through my coffee an old friend came over to talk and I ended up having breakfast with his group. Delightful. I saw some other old friends who had just arrived in town. San Miguel is like that. You're always running into someone who just got back or is just getting ready to leave again.

The Arts and Crafts Fair was packed with people and vendors. Beautiful jewelry, folkart, clothing, food. Oh my, it was a feast for the eyes. Too crowded for me and so I headed home.

Nice outing on a Sunday - especially a sunny, warm Sunday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: