Monday, February 08, 2010
Heading to Frozen Tundra
I'm attempting to leave the beautiful warm sunshine of San Miguel and head north, first to West Virginia and then on to Colorado to see the Gypsy Kids and the "new kid on the block", Baby Sebastian. The "weather gods" are NOT cooperating. I won't be going to Colorado until March 11th, but I'm attempting to go to West Virginia via Dulles this Thursday, the 11th.
Here's the runaround I got from the airlines tonight when I "attempted" to see if I needed to change my reservations from the 11th to another day to avoid the backup at Dulles. First I got a robot who was useless and finally said there would be a 5-10 minute delay. But, me, I said, "Aha, I'll call international Mexico City since I'm flying out of Leon". I actually got a human, a man. And very nicely he told me that the penalty had been waived if you were flying the 8th through the 10th. I'm flying the 11th, or attempting to do so. So, he DID suggest I wait and call tomorrow and see if the penalty is waived for the 11th. Otherwise I must pay the difference in what I paid for the ticket and what the price is now. What ever happened to the $100 change fee? Wouldn't you think that since they have a bazillion people sitting around in DC that can't get anywhere that they wouldn't want any more people flying in there? What is the logic?
Ok, ok, I'll calm down and focus on the prize. That will be holding Baby Sebastian and playing with Matilda - among other things, good things. Isn't that new baby cute and look at Ms. Matilda with her arms crossed......makes me laugh.
I'll focus on deer in the snow and icicles hanging from the eaves of the house. A Big roaring fire in the fireplace and someone to share it all with. I just hope I don't have to plow through snowdrifts to do so. Or worse, sit on a tarmac somewhere!