Sunday, November 29, 2009

Chasing Clouds

 

 

 

 


My good friend Gayle lives in Mineral de Pozos which is about forty-five minutes from here. Basically an old semi-abandoned mining town at 7400 ft elevation. It's a cool place. I was over there last March, I think, and blogged and posted photos at that time of some of the town.

Gayle bought one of the original houses on the main street for around $60,000 and put less then $20,000 into it and has created this oasis of a Moroccan flavored home. She is so creative having owned two vintage clothing stores in Northern California in addition to having been a professional dancer. Needless to say her home is very theatrical and wonderful.

Now her creativity is revealed in another way with quirky delightful assemblages that are selling like hot cakes in a gallery in Pozos. I've posted a few photos. In order they are "Recycled Belle" (see the cow bell for the skirt?), Mother Nature, Heart in the Balance and Cleo's Asp. All extremely well priced.

Gayle also has a blog called Chasing Clouds that she has just started. I'm encouraging her. Her viewpoints aren't typical and lordy, don't we need another perspective?

So, enjoy the photos, read Gayle's blog and if you find yourself in Pozos, go see Gayle's work (there are only a few galleries in Pozos, you can't miss)..........or contact her if you just have to have an assemblage for your casa.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Billie Mercer said...

Babs, what is her blog address?

Babs said...

Oops, Billie, I should have put that in shouldn't I? It is www.grindlesblog.blogspot.com
Enjoy!

One Small Voz said...

Love the artwork! Thanks for sharing her blog.

- Mexican Trailrunner said...

Nice stuff! It's inspiring, I like making things like that. Now a reason to go to Pozos! Lots of people have asked me if I'd been there, time to go.

Unknown said...

hola. nick here where we live in pozos too. we love gayle and we love her art. there is lots more and it looks even better in person. come and get some and drop by to see us too at Galeria6 on the main jardin in town.

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

I love these. Good for Gayle...she is so creative and I love her house.

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Barb, I tried the link and just keep coming up with Mrs. Grindle and pictures of her kids.

Babs said...

Hi Everyone - I posted the wrong website address for Gayle's blog. IT is wwwgrindlesblog.blogspot.com. I had previously shown a period after www and there is none. Sorry.