Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Julie

My beautiful daughter Julie, or "Jewels" as her friends call her, is celebrating her 44th birthday today. Can it be? And her nickname from her friends is appropriate. She is a jewel!

With four kids under the roof, she and her husband have a full, full life. Julie is like a rocket ship shooting here and there and always, always busy with a project. She loves every minute of it. When I stay with her it is funny to try to keep up with her. I know that I did the same thing when my kids were growing up, but Julie does way more then I did. Not sure but I think she is still head of the Band parents, still a Girl Scout leader, room mother, library volunteer and also very very involved in mission work at her church.

It staggers the imagination to figure out how she keeps it all straight. In fact once, when I kept all the kids for a week while she and her husband went on a cruise, I had to have a poster board on the wall so I could check everything off for each kid just to keep it straight. My greatest fear was that I would drop a kid off somewhere and forget them. Luckily that didn't happen. Whew.

SO JEWELS, HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY. Believe me it is one of the greatest times of your life. You've got the groove and I hope that you know that I love you with all my heart.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Michael Dickson said...

Looks like her mama, a good thing.

Tancho said...

Sure looks like you!

Nancy said...

She's beautiful, just like her mom. I bet she just loved reading your blog about how you feel about her.

You both are very lucky ladies.

And so am I, my son Phil's birthday is the 18th, his 38th.

Babs said...

Looking like your Mom is NOT anything any daughter wants......ha BUT thanks from my perspective.
Nancy, we ARE lucky to have grown children aren't we? Happy birthday to your son Phil......its hard to believe as young as we are that we have grown children these ages....ha.