Friday, October 10, 2014

Go Forth and Multiply

There are SO many nieces and nephews along with grand nieces and nephews, that I couldn't begin to tell you the numbers.

My brother Bill and sister-in-law Annette have patiently waited for grandchildren.  Imagine their surprise when TWO grandchildren were born within four months.  Both precious boys from their daughter Amy and her husband Jason along with Ryan and his wife Lacey.

Luckily I was in Houston when they had  a "Sip and See" party to introduce the babies to friends from near and far.  I was so happy to see both babies at the same time.
The house was decorated.  Great food.  Along with lots and lots of little ones brought by Amy's friends that she has grown up with or worked with or whatever.  Some people drove down from Austin.   I think I won the distance part though, ha.

Austin is six months old and the son of Ryan and Lacey.  Of course, he's adorable.  Since I met him last month, he is now crawling.  Little babies are so much fun.
Amy and Jason's baby, Alexander is only two months old.  It's been a looooooooong time since I've held one that tiny.  They are thrilled to have the first addition to their family.
The boys are going to have so much fun growing up together!  Love this photo..........

Ryan, my nephew, with Austin.  Ryan is a special man.  He is so kind hearted and I, and everyone else, knew he would be a wonderful dad.  It was a joy to watch them together.

My sister had five children who have gone forth and multiplied.  My older brother had five children who have done the same thing.  Then I had three children and my brother Bill had two.  It would be fascinating to take the time to add up all the descendents of my parents.  One of these days!

In the meantime, I'll just enjoy these photos of the newest additions.




2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Both beautiful additions to the family.
I come from a large family too, I have 45 cousins...

Babs said...

Wow, 45 cousins! How wonderful. I bet family reunions are wonderful.