Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Seeing Things Through Others Eyes


It happens wherever you live.  You become accustomed to streets, sights and sounds.  Be it restaurants, stores, churches or what have you.

I don't care if you're in Boston, Houston, Chicago or Shreveport.  How often, if you live there, do you see the things that visitors come to see?  Really see them.

This happened to me on Saturday when I was walking with my friends from Houston,
Barb and her husband Marks.  We walked from the Organic Market to the Instituto Arts and Crafts Fair.   I can't even tell you the last time I went to the Arts & Crafts Fair!

On our way back to where the car was parked, we stopped in a little unknown shop that had
wine in the window. 

Much to our surprise it not only had wine, but specialty olive oils, a temperature controlled room with Havana cigars and Mexican cigars.  In addition all kinds of gourmet foods from specialty meats to specialty sauces. and sushi!  On and on.

I guess I need to slow down and step in some of these doors to see what's inside more often.

I thought the interior architecture was wonderful.  Of course it would be nice to know what this was used for previously. 

Often that thought comes to mind upon crossing a threshold here in San Miguel.

Barb and Marks will be here til the end of August in the guest house.  Who knows what else I'll discover with them while they are here?

Life is good!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Sounds like my type of store. I may need to stock up on exotic supplies.

Babs said...

Lots of exotic. Some stuff I've never heard of!

Anonymous said...

F once told me that he really enjoyed going around DF and the rest of Mexico with me because of my enthusiasm for everything, and insistence on stopping and looking at everything. He said it allowed him to see the city and country afresh.

Saludos,

Kim G
Boston, MA
Where we really need someone to show around.

Babs said...

It IS fun to share and to see things from a different perspective.

Look forward to seeing you again in SMA where I can show you some wacko stuff too!

Donna said...

Does it have a name???

Babs said...

Donna, I didn't see a sign. I'm sure there is one. To get there go toward Mega from the entrance of the Instituto. There is a doorway and a window on each side with wine bottles in the windows. Very non-descript............