Sunday, September 30, 2012

It's the Little Things That Count!


 On Friday I saw Josefina out on the side of the house.  I wondered why she was out there.  She is usually so busy cleaning in here.  I was busy getting ready to walk down the hill and didn't give it another thought.  Whatever she does is fine with me.

Then she walked into the bedroom and put these yellow daisies from the field beside the house next to the photo of Jennifer.  I exclaimed at their beauty and thanked her profusely.  She smiled in return.

Every week she puts fresh flowers on the bedside table next to the photo of Jennifer, my daughter who passed eight years ago.

That small gesture touches my heart each and every time.  I know it makes Jennifer smile, wherever she is, also.

Each time I look at the photos I think of the kindness and thoughtfulness of Josefina.  I count my blessings that she is in my life. 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That one made me cry.

Babs said...

Sorry Shannon - it appears it touched your heart too. Thanks for your comment.

Steve Cotton said...

Josefina is an absolute gem.

Babs said...

She is indeed!

Mike Landfair said...

Wow, what a wonderful story and you must know you are loved.

Babs said...

Thanks for writing Michael. Yes, Josefina is a joy to know and after 11 years we are "family" in many ways.