Friday, December 09, 2011

I'm Wired Again!

 


The good news is that I got to bake biscuits with Mati one early Sunday morning. What fun!
She's getting great at stirring eggs, pouring milk, patting dough and putting the rounded forms on the pan for biscuits. The trail of broken egg shells, spilled milk and flour everywhere just adds to the fun.

But, back to being wired. It started mid-November when I had NO TV for almost a week. That saga was finally resolved. It was followed by my losing my US cell phone the day after Thanksgiving. The great thing about the cell phone is it can be used in the USA, Mexico or Canada for a flat monthly rate which is not offered any longer by AT&T to new customers but I still have it. Needless to say I was having apoplexy trying to find it. It was one of those days where I had been all over the place. I retraced my steps. I called the phone. I tried everything and finally gave up and accepted the fact that I no longer had any way to reach people when I was out and about.

To add insult to injury, my computer crashed the following week and with that the Vonage phone which would not go off of standby or whatever the heck it was doing. I was waaaaay beyond apoplexy by now.

Just today, the computer is back up. Vonage is working. The chip, for the backup cell phone I had here, (for just such a disaster) arrived. I'm wired again.

Interestingly as each item was taken from me - my means of communication with the outside world, I could feel myself getting rather withdrawn and morose. It all seemed like just too much.

I'm happy to report that I'm happy again. Not that I particularly want to get in touch with anyone in particular. I just like the options.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Calypso said...

Glad you are back in action. The various communication modes these days certainly make the Mexico experience more comfortable - no fun being without technology ;-(

Babs said...

Amen to that! I've been keeping up with you and your move, etc. Very interesting!