Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Movin' On - Chapter 4

I'm off to Colorado to hang out with the "Gypsy Kids"! I'm leaving today and this will be the fourth stop on this traveling saga. I was reminded yesterday that this time last year, Baby Matilda was being introduced to the Pacific Ocean. Well at least her toes were being dipped. We were in Sayulita for a week and no one at that point knew the kids were going to be gypsies with a tent, a dog, a new baby and some possessions. There circuitous path and final settling in Ft. Collins was destiny. They are "settled" as settlers become, with new friends and a new life.

So I'm off to enjoy seeing all this. They have a house now and of course, one of the MAIN reasons for going is to be on the floor tumbling around with Matilda as she hopefully signs, "Grammy". I can hardly wait.

Lest you think my visit in Houston was nothing more then Bluebell and Barbecue (not anymore), I did do a few cultural things. Monday night it was connecting with my friends from the Houston Culinary Guild. A delightful group of women who I have known and participated in events with for 15 years - no I don't cook - but I was in that industry for years. And then last night, I was lucky enough to attend the Accession Committee "do" at the Museum of Fine Arts where new acquisitions are presented to the committee by the curators of the various departments. Then the committee votes on what to acquire in the coming year. It is always fascinating and I always learn something. My dear friend Martha is involved with the group and I'm lucky enough to get to "tag along"...........

So that's about it from this side of the border..............see you on down the road. Oh, and please pray for sunny skies and warm weather because if there is a blizzard, it WILL be my last time in Colorado.

3 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

I am tacking good health on to my prayer list. I remember too well what you brought back with you last time. Snow is better than hacking up a lung.

Calypso said...

No guarantees on Colorado's weather in May - but I doubt a blizzard will keep you from re-visiting.

In any case have a safe journey Amiga.

Babs said...

Hacking up a lung, or two is NOT fun and thanks for praying that that doesn't happen Steve. I still have a little hacking every now and then - still!

Calypso - I'm here and the ride from the Denver airport to Ft. Collins was beautifully GREEN - not white. It's in the 70's - so far. Thankfully. AND the kid's new house is adorable - it is all good...........