Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A "One Woman Show"

Most of my friends, for a very long time, have known me as a "one woman show". Oh, yes, there have been significant others over the years, but, in fact I have been widowed for thirty years. I assumed it would be that I would never have another partner since the last one was led to the door about five years ago.

But, now I have decided "no more" and am focused on finding someone to share my life with - a good sign, I think. After my daughter died I couldn't hardly leave the house for two years but bit by bit, I have returned to life. I now can see a future.

So, the secret is out. I've informed the kids in the USA, I've joined E-Harmony. I was concerned about what their reactions would be but they were THRILLED! I have NEVER done anything like this in my life. It was never a problem meeting men in the USA but in San Miguel, well, let's just say the ten women to each man, leaves me unwilling to be as aggresive as necessary here. (I could REALLY tell you some stories about the aggressive women here)! Whew.

And, thanks go out to some of you bloggers who have wonderful relationships. I read about them and yearn to have the same. In my humble opinion, I have a lot to offer. SO wish me luck and happiness and.........keep your fingers crossed.

I'll let you know what happens.........

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

babs,

i wish you the best in finding someone to share your life with. i would like to make another comment but it's a bit too private to put on here, so if you would like to hear it, please e-mail me at: tafreeburn@netscpae.com

have a great day!
teresa in lake stevens

Anonymous said...

oops-of course i meant netscape.

Brenda Maas said...

Good luck, have fun, and stay safe.

Steve Cotton said...

Babs -- Well, I guess that explains the burst of super-good cheer you have been expressing recently. You are always upbeat, but your most recent posts and comments have been, shall we say, sunny. I do not envy you your task.

1st Mate said...

Babs, a good lookin' redhead like yourself should have them lined up at the door. Above all, have fun, keep your antennae in good working order and try to pick one with a sense of humor.

Islagringo said...

Not sure what to say here. Happy for you but shocked that you do not have a whole line up of men waiting to walk down the street hand in hand with you already. I am reminded of the Gangs of San Miquel post dealing with the ratio of men to women in SMA. Whatever you find, I hope it contains much happiness for you.

Babs said...

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. Bliss, he MUST have a sense of humor and a sense of adventure.
And I DO wish they were lined up but surprisingly many of the men that come here in their 60's seem to be looking for someone around 30 - 40. I don't fit that category......It will be an interesting "adventure" and hopefully fruitful.

Jonna said...

I think it is great that you are feeling good and ready for the universe. Be careful, but you knew that, and don't forget what an incredible "catch" YOU are.

ps. I have 2 wonderful friends, Sarah and Pete, who met on eHarmony. I think they were even in one of the commercials. It can work!

CancunCanuck said...

Ahhh, a bit of romance is good for everyone! Good luck to you. :)

Todd said...

Lucky for you I am married, or I would be on my way to SMA right now!

Todd

Michael Dickson said...

Advice from my wife (and me): Avoid Mexican men.

And you might take a close look at Steve Cotton. He´s cute.

Paul said...

Buena suerta, Babs. Unlike Steve, I do envy you. There's nothing better than looking for romance and finding it. It is not a task at all.

Babs said...

Well Todd, I'm "honored" and Paul, thanks so much - I sure don't think of it as a task but a GREAT exploration. It's been way too long since I've had a "great romance" EVERYONE deserves it and needs it.......

Anonymous said...

Good luck and best wishes with your new endeavor. I know several couples who met online and have been married for years.

Todd said...

Well here is a little video to let you know you are not alone!

http://tinyurl.com/matchmakersma

Todd

Michael Dickson said...

When I moved to Mexico almost nine years ago, I knew only one person in the whole country. It was a delightful woman I had met online, also a matchmaking site. She was named Ana, and she lived in Mexico City.

We ultimately did not work out, but one thing led to another, which did work out. It all works out in the end.