Tuesday, October 07, 2008

In a Hurry...

One day I was in the car going down Aparicio, in a hurry, and this was in front of me. This photo illustrates just how narrow our streets are. This is NOT a unique street, this is it! The "co pilot" has to get out and get in front of the beer truck to help him navigate down this street. He's in front of the truck. Then there's this guy walking behind this truck and I'm trying to use my "new" camera to take this photo while driving. We were a tiny parade..........

Things like this happen EVERY time I try to hurry somewhere. I've learned to just slow down and see the view! Just looking at this photo makes me chuckle.........
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bob Mrotek said...

It has been my casual observation that nobody in Mexico is ever in a hurry unless they are behind the wheel of a car. Another observation is that no matter where you go in Mexico and no matter what time of day you will always end up behind a slow moving truck.

Islagringo said...

Same story here with the streets but add throngs of deaf and blind tourists to the mix! They walk down the middle of the street gaping at everything instead of using the small but adequate sidewalks. When I pass them I try to hit their elbows with my car mirrors. Scares the heck out of them. I know, I know. Mean of me.

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Remember when we were on that bus taking the Sunday morning homes tour out of the Biblioteca and what difficulty the bus had getting up those narrow streets. That was worth the tour.