Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"If it's important enough, you'll figure out a way"

Those words were uttered by my son 25 years ago when I was bemoaning the fact that he was going to Europe for the second time and I hadn't EVER been. I went the next year.
I have used that phrase when I really, really want to do something that seems not possible and then I "dig in" and try to make it happen. I ponder and plot but, not always does it work........
As in the latest thing.........(I guess you can tell that I have a gypsy soul). I have just returned in the last month from "the beach" and then Chiapas. I'm ALWAYS ready to go.

Bali, Bhutan and Cuba are HIGH on my list..............and the opportunity to go to Bali on short notice reared its ugly head two days ago with total payment necessary by mid July. I tossed and turned Monday night trying to figure out HOW I could do the trip. It was for three weeks........the places to travel to were breathtaking..........the cost was relatively reasonable. The people going are great! I even said the ultimate question to myself which is "What if you only have a few months left to live?" Yup, that one usually gets me moving..........

BUT reason does have to prevail once in a while. I reasoned that I really can't afford it this year and I'll try to go there next year............Living on a fixed income is a new reality for me - well it's been eight years and I still have a hard time remembering that..........

So, I won't be blogging next fall about Bali - but who knows, maybe I'll be blogging about something better.

1 comment:

Billie Mercer said...

Sorry you can't make it this year but I know it will eventually get marked off your travel list.