Sunday, April 06, 2008

It's the "little" things!

I HAD to write this before I forget about it. I'm running aorund like a "chicken with my head cut off" this morning doing last minute things for the big "do" tonight. So I run to Casa Feliz to pick up the cakes and the young girl comes out and closes the car doors for me after I get all three cakes positioned so they don't fall off the seats as I go up the steep hill to my house. Aaah, how nice!
Then I go to OXXO, which is like a 7-Eleven in the states, to buy 6 bags of ice. I pay and go to lug them to the car and again, the cashier comes from behind the register and helps me get the bags down the stairs of the store and into the back of the car. Aaah, how nice!
To top it off, I get home and now have all of the stuff to get through the gate and either into the house or into the ice chests and two young boys are walking down the street and rush over and begin to help me again lug the ice. I offer them a tip and they say, "No gracias". Aaah, how nice!
I have a smile on my face and a warm heart.........can you tell I LOVE Mexico?

1 comment:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

So is this Happy Birthday to Babs with fire works? You go, girl. Wish I were there!