Friday, April 18, 2008

Friends on the Blog

People look at me strangely when I say I love blogging and that I have made "friends" on the blog! They just don't get it, but then..what's new? Most people haven't "gotten" me my whole life. They used to think it was weird that I worked as much and fast as I could just so I could go on another trip. In other words, an old friend said, "You only work to play!" "Well yes" I would say...............well, at least that was my attitude after my kids were all raised and gone - prior to that it was "survival".
But, back to the "Friends on the blog". I LOVE meeting the people that I'm corresponding with or getting comments from.............I swear the bloggers probably know more about me then my family does.........hmmm, message there. And, right now as I write this a group is in Isla Mujeres having a "gathering" of bloggers in that neck of the woods, or beach.......HOW FUN. I would love to have known about that earlier and gone over to meet all these people that I read about and correspond with.............
Isn't it fun and interesting and thought provoking? There is a blogger who has been gone on vacation who comments often on my blog and it's like a good friend has left town and isn't around to critique or comment............Another dimension of life!

6 comments:

Gypsy Girl said...

Funny that you should write this because when I referred to you to Ron or my kids (long before I met you) I would say "My friend Babs said..."
It is so true the bloggers we read become like friends.
You are my first blogosphere friend that I have actually met and I am so glad to have had that opportunity here in SMA after reading your blog for over a year.
Lets get together agin in the next few days. I will call you to set something up if you are up for it.

Babs said...

ABSOLUTELY - call me.........I DO want to see you again while you're here!

Steve Cotton said...

Babs --

Maybe we can all make the next blogger get together.

Babs said...

Oh Steve - Wouldn't that be fun! I would love to do that........PS I've rented a house in Barre de Navidad for the first two weeks of January 2009........might stay longer! Who knows....

Islagringo said...

Babs - I was the host for the blogger meeting on Isla Mujeres. We still need somebody to come forward and host next year's! Hint, hint! I think it needs to be off the coast and more inland to make it more feaseable to attend.

Babs said...

Hi Wayne - I would do it but with some parameters.......like the time of year - October is the most beautiful here........but why don't you "poll" the bloggers and see if they want to come to the mountains....It's not easy to get here - if flying the options are Mexico City or Leon and then from Mexico it is a 3 1/2 hour bus ride and from Leon it is a 1 1/2hour shuttle ride.......
I would love to do it......truly but make sure everyone wants to come here. BTW, I thought your idea of having golf carts for the tour was a GREAT idea, unfortunately it's by foot here......