Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cafe Monet

You just never know what the day is going to bring...........up and in the garden by 7:30 this morning to prune and replant...........aaah, soooo cool and wonderful! Mission accomplished and then I decided I would pop over to the Alma big monthly Garage Sale to see if they had any gauzy shirts for the next 6 weeks of heat..............nada, but I did find two folding chairs to just pop up for a quick seat anywhere in the gardens - spontaneity at it's best!
Ran into a friend who said, "Let's go have breakfast at Cafe Monet" and since I had heard so much about it in the last few days, I agreed.
Dazzling beautiful interiors is all I can say! A bit of Europe in San Miguel. Big comfy overstuffed chairs, sofas, wood furniture and a beautiful beamed wooden ceiling along with luscious artwork...........it's first class. You order breakfast or lunch at the counter and pay when you order (very smart) and the prices are so inexpensive that I was shocked. A new place to add to the list of dining experiences in San Miguel.

6 comments:

Todd said...

Hmmm, sounds good.
We will have to check it out next time we are in town!

Thanks

Todd

Babs said...

Hi Todd - I think you'll enjoy it. The coffee was very very good and the oatemal was the "best ever" according to my friend.
Where are you writing from? Are you the blogger that suggested we all have breakfast as a blog item? I missed that...but should have photographed Cafe Monet!

Todd said...

Hello Babs

I am writing from Patzcuaro.
My blog is
http://lifeinthecorazon.blogspot.com/

Yes, I started the "Breakfast In...."
and its never to late to jump in!

Plus it will give you another excuse to go to Monet!

All the best,

Todd

Babs said...

Well Todd, thanks for letting me know where you are - I have a breakfast photo I'll share very soon - you're going to be delighted with the location!

Steve Cotton said...

Babs --

Todd had a great idea with the breakfast post. I have learned a lot about our fellow bloggers from where and what they eat. My penchant for leftovers probably says more about me than any book review I have ever written.

Babs said...

Yes Steve, I loved your blog where you had breakfast in the hot tub!