Thursday, March 06, 2008

The "Unexpected" in LIfe

I was in Jalpan for Day of the Dead last year. While sitting in the jardine, a young lady walked by with this lizard on a string! Now I've seen the huge iguanas on people's heads and shoulders on the Pacific coast but not a tiny one with a collar and a string! I was amused and started talking with the girl and asked if I could take the photo. She obviously agreed! So, here's the deal, I was so busy focusing my attention on the lizard that it wasn't until I got the photos developed that I saw her shoes! Aren't they wonderful? Day of the Dead shoes...........in Mexico, on a teenager! I absolutely LOVE this photo because it was so unexpected........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here

Today: In Seven said...

Hi, stumbled in via blogger, and saying hello. Without reading your post I just thought it was a picture of someone stepping on a lizard but now I understand why. Those are quite unexpected shoes. Thank you for this post. I will read more.

Also, I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

petebar said...

CAUTION: The comment above from mezik is spam. Both links lead to a bogus antivirus "service". Clicking on the Cancel button in the pop-up window seems to start a "scan" on your hard drive. Going to mezik's blog address has the same effect.

Probably not a problem for my Mac but Windows users could wind up with some of the bad stuff.

Otherwise, nice blog Babs!

Billie Mercer said...

Babs, you are right. A Damn good picture.

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Great, great photo...the unexpected ones are such a joy.