Saturday, March 29, 2008

"Soft air"

Ahhhh, the fierce winds from a couple of weeks ago have disappeared and "soft air" has arrived. You know what I mean, don't you? Those soft stirring breezes and the air caresses your skin. You can sleep with the doors or windows open at night. I LOVE this time of year.
I remember as a child growing up in the south (before airconditioning) how much I loved having the attic fan on, pulling that moist breeze in the window. Well, we don't have moist here, but we do have clean, dry air..............It's magnifico!
On the other hand, those fierce winds must have blown the monarchs to Tampico cause none have come through here on their way north. They should have come through mid-March to stop to feed off the jacaranda trees - have seen NONE..........darn, always one of my favorite sights each year...........
Oh well, EVERYTHING can't be perfect in paradise.

2 comments:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

The monarchs have been coasting round my neighborhood for a few weeks now...my neighbor, Sandy, on the corner with the blue bottle trees, has lots of them. Maybe they never left????

Babs said...

I think they went through East of here about mid-March - I have NO idea it takes for their little wings to fly to Houston but I would say the "scouts" should be up there by now.......ENJOY! The hummers are here that's for sure.