Monday, November 12, 2007

A Wonderful Thrill

I write on this blog, mostly for my own enjoyment, but also, in case anyone is reading, to share with whoever you are!
Imagine my thrill last evening when there was a post from Margarita Fick. She is the amazingly talented papel picado artesan who I wrote about when I wrote about Dia de los Muertos. I have admired her work for years and even thought of driving to Ajijic last week for the big Great Masters Artisan Fair just to see her work, but didn't. She posted and gave her phone number and said she is going to be in San Miguel and wanted to meet for coffee. Of course I immediately called her and she was so gracious and sooooooooooo I'm going to get to meet someone I so admire - because of this blog site. Isn't that just so cool?

No comments: