Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The "SUNSHINE" Kid

Hi Julie - Happy Birth day! I remember when I went to the store to buy these birth announcements. We were living at LSU in the married student apartments and wondered how we were going to be able to feed and take care of a growing family of three children while your Dad went to school. We were surprised when we found out you were coming and you have continued to be a surprise for 42 years! I love the innocence of these announcements - not anything like the fancy, printed ones of today but just sweet illustrations.

I said earlier that you were a surprise and continue to be so even to this day - all in a good way! Here is a picture of you that I keep next to my bed because I love the expression on your face and it reminds me of how you always had a creature in your arms or a frog in your pocket! You have always been a nurturer. I remember when you were very little you told me you wanted to grow up and be a mother and by golly you've done it. You are a fabulous mother, wife, sister, daughter, Girl Scout leader, Room mother, Band mother and heaven knows what else. I know you are always there for everyone just like you always have been in the past! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!


Below is another picture that I keep by my bed and I love it because it shows you and that joy and beautiful smile that you have. You're always ready to experience new things - even if it means putting a worm on a hook. YOU'RE THE BEST!


Well my dear, "thanks for the memories" and I look forward to seeing you enjoy all the rest of your wonderful life...................you deserve it!!


Love you lots,

MOM







No comments: