Wednesday, August 22, 2007

One in four Americans didn't read a book in 2006!

I was astounded by this article on Yahoo yesterday. I can't imagine not reading books. My whole family, including the grandchildren, are avid readers. I probably read a book a week. Some of the favorites have been "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett; "The Girl with the Pearl Earring" (can't remember author) and "Water for Elephants", (another author I can't remember) and a Spanish novel which I can't remember the title or author............. - boy I'm getting really bad, aren't I? I'm reading a funny little autobiographical novel now called "Zippy" about a woman who grew up in Indiana in the 50's and 60's..........funny. Oh and another book I read many years ago brought laughs when I talked about it at our Monday coffee klatch group, "The Girls with the Grandmother Faces". The title came about when the author said to her granddaughter that "the girls" were coming over to play bridge and the granddaughter responded, "Oh you mean the girls with the grandmother faces".
In fact, after I told how the title came about to the "girls" at the coffee klatch group, all kinds of funny, funny stories were told by each of us that our grandchildren and other children had said to us...........we were hysterical laughing! Life is good

No comments: