Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Living "in the weather"

When I lived in Texas we always knew whether it was hot or cold or nice but we weren't influenced by it that much because we had central heat and/or air conditioning......Well here, we live with our windows and doors open and we do get the breeze, or the dust (now) or the cold and/or the hot because we don't have central heat or air conditioning.
It reminds me of when I was little in Louisiana and my Mom would cook our main meal early in the morning so we wouldn't "heat up the house" (pre air conditioning) and we would nap or read mid-afternoon in the summer cause it was so hot. Well, welcome to Mexico. I now find myself doing the same thing and after all here the hot is only for about a month to six weeks and not the 5 or 6 months that we had in Texas. So, all in all, no complaints!

1 comment:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Good, I don't want to hear any complaints. Oh to be back there where one can sleep under a blanket with the windows open in July.