Sunday, February 18, 2007

Reading

I was supposed to go somewhere today but decided to "clear the deck" and leave some time to sit up on the roof terrace in the warm sunshine and READ. While at the beach in January I was lucky enough to take time to read 14 books in 21 days! I LOVE to read - always have. It used to drive my mother crazy because the world could have ended when I was reading and I didn't care. Reading transports me to wherever or whatever the situation might be.
Favorite authors? Hmmm, I would answer whoever I'm reading at the moment but my all time favorites have to be Ken Follett (his early writings), Ludlum, Hemingway, Sontag, Molly Ivins etc. etc.etc. There is a Spanish author who wrote a fabulous book a couple of years ago but I can't remember his name but the book was enchanting and the author of "The Girl with the Pearl Earring" wrote so descriptively that I was thrilled.
When I go to the states I go to the Salvation Army and/or Goodwill and buy bags of books to bring back to read. They are usually 25 or 50 cents. I buy authors I've never heard of and often am thrilled to discover someone I didn't know before...........and I also love to pass books on.
My children and grandchildren are avid readers also. I have always loved to read to them and it tickles my heart to see my children reading to their children. It's a great gift.
One of my most favorite books? The Pillars of the Earth by Follett. A dear friend gave me a new copy recently since I had given mine away. Aaah, it's time to reread it - today?

1 comment:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

I can just see you now up there in the sunshine reading in your little bit of heaven. It was pretty nice here today as well although on the nippy side.