Saturday, February 17, 2007

More about the "beach"


I saw only a couple sunrises (which is the top photo) but I think I saw the sunset every night over the Pacific Ocean. No two were alike. They were so beautiful. Several times we drove to Barre de Navidad to the "Sunset Bar" to drink pina coladas and watch the sunset from there. That's where this picture was taken. Barre is a small resort town, more "upscale" then Melaque (there streets are paved) and the Grand Bay Hotel is there. The Grand Bay is operated by the Wyndham Hotel Group - rooms start at over $400 US and go up to around $3200 US per day. Needless to say, I didn't stay there. The marina was full of fabulous yachts and sailboats. One night, while out with friends, we met a group of men who were staying aboard their yacht and "golfing down the coast" from Puerto Vallarta to Acapulco and all stops inbetween. They were from Vancouver. My girlfriend, Elvira from Uruguay and I were impressed. The guys in our group were impressed with eight young women from Sweden and Denmark who were drop dead beautiful and were in Barre to film a reality TV show that will be shown in Europe. The guys were agog and couldn't take their eyes off these beauties! Sorry I don't have any photos of the girls........so enjoy the sunrise and sunset!


No comments: