Monday, December 12, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

 

 

 



The house is decorated for the first time in ten years! The baking is done - cookies, cheese balls and other good things. Presents are ready.

Christmas with the youngest grandchildren this year will be in San Miguel! Mati and Sebastian have already been here to see and touch all the decorations. It was great fun to see the big eyes and smiles as they looked at the things that have been acquired over a 50 year period.

In the past, I was never ready this early. Somehow this year it has all come together.

Feliz Navidad to all of you. May the season bring peace and tranquility to each and every one.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Michael Dickson said...

Fa-la-la-la-la!

Babs said...

My sentiments exactly!

Tancho said...

Thank you for leaving Christmas alone...nothing I dispize more than Christmas cards that say "Happy Holidays".

alcuban said...

You've encouraged me to do some Christmas decorating of my own. Not as much as you, but at least SOMETHING.

al

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. So glad you will have Christmas with the little ones in SM. Merry Christmas, dear one.

Babs said...

Al, GLAD I could be of service.
Tancho, I just think it's nice that some people still send out cards. I haven't in about 7 years.....too expensive from Mexico!
Kay, thanks so much it IS going to be a special time!

Brainstorm Ideas Unlimited said...

Serendipitously discovered your blog as I begin preparing for my first trip to San Miguel de Allende! I will be there for the entire month of April--to justify the long and expensive flight from Seattle. An acquaintance owns a house there and offered it to me at a discounted monthly rate I couldn't resist.

For health reasons, I doubt I could make a permanent move there, but still am adventurous enough to want to explore that possibility. Are the prices you quoted in your blog about SMA being less expensive than myth would have us believe current and, if not, can you tell me how much have they increased?

Your blog is as entertaining as it is informative. Count me as one of your regular readers, Babs.

Frances

Babs said...

Frances I think you'll be surprised how easy it is to live here. Glad you like the blog.
I live here on my social security if that helps to give you an idea. When you get here, let me know and we'll meet for coffee and I can answer your questions at that time.
Safe travels. April is typically a warm month here, part of our summer!