Tuesday, November 01, 2011

A Street Happening!

 

 

 

 


I was walking down Cuesta de San Jose, a street near my home, thinking about what I was going to do when I got near the jardin.

Then, I noticed something happening at the corner. Two little ones being photographed by their mom. They had just left the kindergarten. It is extremely unusual to see little ones dressed up in Halloween costumes here. So I asked the mom if I could photograph the girls. She said, "Si".

So photograph them I did. Then the most delightful spontaneous thing began to happen. I couldn't have planned it to happen that way if I had wanted to. First another child stepped in and I photographed the three. Then another and another. By now the moms and I were laughing - all of us in the middle of the street.

These are the things that happen without expectation that make life here such a delightfully whimsical event. A true "street happening".
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Tancho said...

Cute kids!

Rick said...

Love it!

Steve Cotton said...

Children the world over are hams. being one, I know.

Babs said...

Glad ya'll enjoyed the photos. I couldn't believe those kids just took it upon themselves to gather for those photos. NOW if I only knew how to take copies to them, but I don't know them........I might take them to the principal at the kindergarten and ask her to give each of them a copy!
It was truly the highlight of my day!

Mic said...

I had decorated cupcakes all ready .... shoveled/salted a path from the street to our door.....lit the porch lite..... but not one trick or treater this year !?!? We usually have several groups. Don't know why the change but I missed them....so thanks for sharing yours :-)

Took my cupcakes down to the Boys/Girls Club on the way to town the next day. Figured their faster metabolisms could handle all the sugar better than me. LOL

Babs said...

Geez Mic where do you live that you had to shovel snow? Good grief....

Lucky kids to get homemade cupcakes
YEE HA.........

Mic said...

that would be 40 miles North of Anchorage, Alaska. It's early days of Winter here. Noticed a thin skim of ice on the lakes last time I was out. Had a brief (1-2 hours) blizzard this afternoon which brightened up the snow but not much accumulation. The winds died quickly so seemed warm when I stepped outside (25 degrees on the porch)

Babs said...

Well a cupcake to you Mic for living in such a cold place.......brrrrr.

And I'm complaining here that it is 34 in the morning when I wake up - although it does get to near 80 every day. PERFECT.

I had no idea you live in Alaska. WOW!