Monday, September 07, 2009

Blogger-mania

It has been a weekend of blogdom. First, I finally met Shirleen who has not actually commented on the blog, but has been emailing me for over a year as she has been reading the blog. We have tried on a couple of occasions to get together but something always intervened. I even hoped to visit she and her husband Eddie in Texas, but it is just so hectic when I'm up there and that didn't happen. We KNEW we would know some of the same people since Eddie is in the food business and has been for 30 years, at least.


He is the Tamale King of Texas. When he was talking about his business, I mentioned that my son John used to drive down to Friendswood after he was grown to a Tamale Truck to get his favorite tamales. He still talks about those tamales with grinning eyes.


It turns out that Eddie provides the tamales to that vendor, among a lot of others. He has a 30,000 sq. ft warehouse. That should give you an idea of how many tamales they manufacture and sell. Fascinating to hear all about it.

Then, today I was thrilled to meet Todd and Shannon of Patzcauro. That's them in the above photo. Todd and I started corresponding in March 2007 when he commented on a photograph of an old woman selling flowers on the street that I had taken. Later he attempted to help me with blogging info and how to do "stuff" whch was extremely helpful. His writing style is very informative and his photographs are beautifully crafted. His blog is titled, Life in El Corazon. And to get to it, go to www.lifeinthecorazon.blogspot.com You'll really enjoy it! AND, if you're looking for a home to buy in my favorite State of Michoacan, Todd and Shannon are selling their beautiful home. Go to www.wow-nice-house.com (Hey Todd, I want a commission, like a cafecito in the jardin, if I bring a buyer to the table.) Just kidding. How fun it was to talk and find out about their current and previous lives. About their son in Australia who is a chef at 25! And all kinds of other stuff. Absolutely delightful! I hated for our chat to end. Hopefully they'll come back soon.

This all makes me want to have a Blogger Fest in San Miguel - next spring. What do you think? Would many of you come here? I have met about a dozen bloggers and I want to meet the rest of you.........San Miguel is a great central location and I KNOW it would be fun.

Heck, if there isn't a "herd" of you, we could always end up here, on the big sectional sofa having late night conversations........wouldn't that be cool? Or who knows, we could go out to the hot springs and have a picnic, OR we could hang out in the jardin and watch the world go by, Or, Or, Or..........

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

jennifer rose said...

You know, Morelia would be *more* central. And I've got 4 sofas and a grand piano.

Babs said...

Sounds great to me Jennifer. Morelia it IS.....4 sofas, good grief AND a grand piano. How wonderful! I'll be right down, ha.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing to do in SM exept watch people stroll by, correct?

How fun is that?

maria luz said...

I'm in. If I am there by then. Should be moved in March for sure.

Jennifer, will you play that grand piano for us??

ml

Todd said...

Sounds like a plan, count me in!

Cute lady in the picture, but that guy looks a little shifty to me!


Todd

Babs said...

Anon - Sitting in the jardin watching the "action" is like turning on the Discover Channel. At least in my opinion. I THINK it is GREAT fun.
And, Maria Luz we will welcome you with open arms.
Hopefully Jennifer WILL play the piano......

Babs said...

Todd, that shifty guy sure LOVES that darling lady in the picture. I could tell.

Steve Cotton said...

I would be happy with either choice -- and I would attend.

Islagringo said...

Count me in. I'd travel half way across the country to meet you! (and the rest of the SM bloggers!)

Anonymous said...

Well if you can get that group together, I would fly to Mexico to experience Jennifer's couches and books again.